Benefits of Online Learning – In the past, education has been defined by the four walls of a classroom. The student would attend school, college, or educational institution from Monday to Saturday and would learn about a subject or subject by being taught in a classroom setting. While this system has many benefits, such as providing students with the opportunity to learn in a safe and structured environment, it also has a number of limitations.
One of the biggest limitations of the traditional classroom setting is that it is difficult to interact with classmates and teachers outside of the walls of the classroom. So, in this article, I am going to write about the benefits of online learning or mobile learning, the problems faced in classroom teaching, and why online learning or mobile learning is the best tool for students. Let’s discuss the 5 Benefits of Online Learning.
What is Online Learning?
Online learning, also known as e-learning, mobile learning, or web-based learning, is the delivery of educational materials and courses over the Internet. Online learning allows educators and learners to connect from anywhere in the world, regardless of geographic location or accessibility to classroom-based instruction. Online learning is very common in the current scenario. It is the easiest way of learning for students. It is the most preferable way for students to get help for learning.
Many institutions are supporting the concept of e-learning, they distribute mobile phones and laptops to students and encourage them to use them. Online Learning is the use of mobile devices, Laptops, Tablets, and apps to teach, learn, and communicate. You’ve probably used mobile apps to learn new languages, learn programming languages, and study for tests. You may also have used a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet for online learning, for example by watching a video or taking an online class.
There are many educational apps that are very useful for teachers and students to learn a new topic. You can easily send your feedback if you don’t understand it properly and can discuss your queries or suggestions with lecturers. It has audio, video, and text messages which facilitate learning and practicing. You can find online courses, also known as online classes or webinars, on websites like Unacademy, Udemy, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can also find online courses on education websites like edX and Coursera.
Problems in Classroom Teaching
Students suffer a lot of problems in classroom teaching. They need to travel to the institution which takes a lot of time. Those students who are shy enough may face trouble in approaching the teachers for any queries.
Most of the time classrooms are overcrowded and filled up. Students attending classroom teaching are dependent on teachers for study materials. They cannot develop interpersonal skills of their own. Students prefer online learning or mobile learning better than classroom studies.
Benefits of Online Learning
Online learning for students helps boost the ability to analyze and compare facts and memorize complicated information. Online learning or mobile learning saves travel time and cost. Online learning includes pre-recorded videos. Sometimes videos can be downloaded for clearance of doubt later.
An online class can be attended at any time, anywhere, and also can be watched later. Videos can speed up during easy portions and also can slow down to understand difficult concepts and can be paused while writing notes. Sometimes videos include a pack of question sets for students to improve their knowledge.
There are a lot of benefits of online learning or mobile learning, here are the most important benefits of online learning or mobile learning, which are as follows:
- It can be convenient anywhere and anytime: Learning is not confined to a physical location or specific time. Instead, students can learn anywhere such as by sitting at home and at any time they want. Students are not bound to present at the institution to attend classes. Teachers are able to communicate with students to clear their doubts, or even communicate with parents for a child’s progress.
- Dynamic learning and teaching methodologies: Online learning or mobile learning is easily accessible to newer and modern teaching and learning methods. It is extremely friendly towards visual learning. Through audio, video, and images, students will have an interest in learning. It gives attention to students and conveys course material in an effective fashion. These face-paced, visually engaging graphics are found to be more interesting for students.
- Encourage students to learn: There are many educational apps that help children to learn better. It includes all content, guiding notes, and online quizzes to keep track of your progress (daily, weekly, or monthly). The online study is presented in such a way that it attracts the students and encourages them to perform better.
- Personalization of learning: Flexibility is the best thing about mobile learning. Teachers and students are able to learn many topics. It means students are able to use their personal mobile learning devices to access course materials, tests, content, etc.
- Tests knowledge of students: Apart from study material, there are different types of puzzles, quizzes, and riddles that enhance the knowledge of an individual. Short-type questions such as multiple-choice questions will expand your knowledge. The mobile phone is a very useful tool and hence it makes it easier for students to study.
I hope this article will prove to be helpful for you. It contains useful information about the Benefits of Online Learning, and I will try to keep it as updated and accurate as possible. If you have any questions or comments please let me know.